Dear Sisters

Dear Sisters
Highland 12th Ward Sisters

Monday, February 11, 2013

Pinned It and Did It!

A Few of My Favorite Pins...
Isn't Pinterest fun?  In the "olden days" I would cut my favorite homemaking and holiday craft ideas out of magazines and put them in a scrapbook.  It was fun...but a lot of work.  Then Pinterest came along and I was able to save hundreds of good ideas on virtual bulletin boards...with topics like "What's Cookin', Good Lookin'" and "Provident Living Tips and Ideas."  I have hundreds of items pinned under "Christmas Cards" for pete's sake!  I know that many of you are Pinners...a lot of us follow each other.  Here's a question...how many of you have actually made or followed through on your Pins?  I set up a board called "Pinned It and Did It."  Recently I noticed that I have 108 pins on that board...108 things I actually did.   Today I am posting six things that I "Pinned and Did."  These are things that actually worked and/or tasted good!  To give credit where credit is due...the link to the original pin will take you to recipes or instructions.

#1 Blessing in a Bottle
12 ounces of Dawn dish soap and 12 ounces of vinegar.

#2 Toilet Roll Air Freshener

A few drops of essential oils...you all have them!

#3 Burlap Table Runner

Made one with striped ruffles for Christmas...fast and easy!

#4 Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Meatballs
Yummy crockpot dish with homestyle meatballs from the grocery store.

#5 Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings
Wrap crescent rolls around apple slices...secret ingredient is...a can of Mountain Dew!

Pool Noodle Boot Thingies...
One of my favorite pins.  One noodle will support up to three pairs of boots.
Wish I had thought of this!  I used the fatter ones from Walmart.

I hope you enjoyed these Pins.  What have you "Pinned and Did?"
  One day I will do a post on the pins that were a "swing and a miss."
My daughter Missy says "Million Dollar Spaghetti" was a family failure!

 Happy Valentines, Sisters!






1 comment:

  1. I just found out about the new blog! What a great idea! I love Pinterest...these ideas are awesome...can't wait to try some of the recipes. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...