Eating an Elephant...
"The Lord has warned us of famines, but the righteous will have listened to the prophet and stored at least a year's supply of survival food." --Ezra Taft Benson
Have family prayer at least once a day. Twice is better.
Provident Living Goal:
Learn a new skill or read a book pertaining to your career.
- 50 cans of soup, stew or chili per person.
- 5 pounds of salt per person.
- 20 pounds of fat, oil, or shortening per person.
- Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage bags, etc.
- At least 5 gallons of water per person--recommended is 14 gallons/person for 2 weeks.
72 Hour Kit
- 1 pound dried fruit or trail mix per person (or fruit leather).
- 1 package soda crackers per person (4 per box).
- 1 package graham crackers per person (4 per box).
- 2 liters tomato or orange juice per person. (to be rotated every six months...at conference time.)
Also make a goal to always have the fuel tanks on ALL vehicles at least half full.
wasting spending time on Pinterest these days will notice there is a lot of interest in darling chicken coops and tips for raising chickens in your own backyard. It seems a lot more of my neighbors are getting on board...judging from the number of enthusiastic roosters I hear crowing each morning. I know I wouldn't mind an adorable playhouse coop in my back yard.
This one is so cute!
The Stake Preparedness Committee is looking for ideas for workshops or presentations on things like gardening, food storage and other self-reliance topics. Why not a class on chickens...the ins and outs...the do's and don'ts? I know my husband is starting to show an interest and he would gladly attend something like that. Is there anyone in the ward who would be willing to lead a discussion on chickens? We could have it here at my house or at the church if it's available. If so, I could let the committee know and we could invite interested people from other wards in the stake.
Another Tasty Bite!